Recharging on a sunny Saturday after last night’s epic event, though a part of me wants to go out and watch Deadpool. I’m really eager to the point that I am even willing to treat mom out, just so I won’t have to do it alone. Though the concept of watching a movie in the cinema alone is appealing as well. I pretty much depleted my socialization energies last night. No regrets though. To say that I enjoyed my first prom as a teacher is an understatement; I partied. Hard. Well, maybe not so hard. I was still aware of my being a teacher of course. I guess I can say I partied like I’ve never partied before. And that says something for me, at least.
Last night was the first time, in a very long time, I chose to do what I wanted to do and ignored what others may think or say about me. I was true to myself and it was liberating. It was… great. Simple as that.
I can honestly say that I am going to miss my AC students next year. Maybe not all of them. But most of them. Knowing this, I’m pretty sure I’m going to make the most of the remaining days I have with them, as much as I can. I’m hoping this will diminish, or at least lessen, the dread and anxiety I get every time I go to work. (I’ve analyzed why I feel this way so many times, it’s gotten tiring.)
Plans for the summer include:
- going to the beach (the nearest I can find, preferably with Jhay and Pami)
- going swimming (because it’s summer, DUH! Also, preferably with family)
- going job hunting (will try to save up at least two month’s expenses so I can sort out what I want out of my next place of employment)
- going volunteering (PAWS? CRIBS? I feel like building something…)
- summer cleaning (because we don’t have spring in Southeast Asia, and yeah, I have to.)
- donating old stuff to church
- working out (will be taking this seriously)
Tomorrow is Valentines Day. This will be the first Vday I’m truly happy to celebrate, without any expectation or bitterness. My plan is to go to mass with mom, then we’ll buy food and eat it in Loyola with dad (it was his birthday last Thursday) and then we’ll watch Deadpool. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.
But for now, I’m going to enjoy being on my bed ALL day long.
This is the life.