It’s a Saturday and I am uncharacteristically wide-awake at 7:50 AM. Today officially starts my nine-day vacation all thanks to the APEC Summit that will happen this week. Foreign delegates and world leaders are expected to arrive and deal with extremely important topics and concerns, so I might as well contribute in my own small way by ensuring that I will be productive.
Of course, it is also very important that I can take this time to rest and relax, though to be honest, I think I’ve gotten way too much of that this year, or at least compared to the previous years. The obsession to become a better version of myself has tamed, but it’s still there. I just need to fuel it up. The balance of work, play and rest is what I seek. To find that, I am going to do one of my favorite things: make a to-do list.
Without further ado, I present to you, my APEC Week TTD:
- finish checking the papers I brought home last Thursday
- finish recording said papers
encode class listDONE! DID THIS YESTERDAY!
- print out the class list
- update the class list
- finish the 2nd achievement test for English class
- finish the three mastery tests for Journalism class
- finish the 2nd achievement test for Journalism class
- work on the next module discussions
- update the Smart Plan
- update the Learners’ Profile Records
- attend the practice for the cheerdance competition (1st one’s this afternoon)
- work on my AlDub/MaiDen fan fic for NaNo2015
- write a review for the last two books I’ve read (“The Kite Runner” and “Things Fall Apart”)
- watch the movie “The Kite Runner”
- write a review for the movie “The Kite Runner”
- watch the movie “The Hunger Games: The Mockingjay Part 2” with Agnes
- write a review for the movie “The Hunger Games: The Mockingjay Part 2”
- download my shows to update my library
- download MITAM and have a solo MITAM listening party
- watch for UST games in the UAAP Season 78 (not sure of the game schedules)
- sleep at least 8 hours a day
- drink six liters of water a day
- eat balanced meals
- attend zumba nightly starting tomorrow
- update this blog
- clean room
fix closetDONE! DID THIS YESTERDAY!
- clean house
- set Christmas lights (the only decorations we have since we spend Christmas in my Tita’s house in Cavite)
- prepare Christmas gift list (BUDGET!!!)
- work on my year-end budget
- attend mass
- go to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned
Whew! Just going through all that has made me feel productive already! It’s really all in the mind, you know. Anyway, the highest priority is, of course, work.* It’ll make my life easier if I get to finish all of them before December, since I am planning to throw my self on to the Intrams, another first for me this year. Plus, I’m hoping to go with Tita Amy and company to the suggested out-of-town trip which falls the day before the school’s Christmas party. I pray that my subject coordinator will allow me (albeit begrudgingly) to skip that since I don’t have an advisory class anyway, and I’ve already hand in the paperwork I was required to hand in.
So those are the plans. Later today I’m going to school to proctor over the cheerdance practice. I’m psyching myself for it because really, I want them to win. I may have to miss out the Kalye Serye today, AND the first AlDub interview, but there’s always YouTube. Team Replay it is!
For now, it’s time to …
*I paused here and said a little prayer
Almighty Father, I adore You.
Thank you for this life and for this moment. I raise everything up to you. I surrender my whole self to you. May this week be productive, fun, restful and meaningful, for me, for my learners and for everyone else who gets some time off work.
I also ask that the leaders and delegates who attend to the world’s concerns be graced with the Holy Spirit, so that they will be able to do great things for human kind.
May we all fulfill our roles in Your Great Plan for our salvation.
Thank you, Lord. For everything.